Create+ is an arts project that uses creative activity as a tool to improve self-care and wellbeing for MFT staff who are returning to work after long term sick leave (exceeding 12weeks), and staff who are in work but who need some ‘time out’ due to high levels of stress/anxiety.
Create+ is a friendly and informal six week workshop programme, based at our Lime Studio on the Oxford Road Campus. Staff will attend a 2.5hr workshop each week in a small group of no more than 6 people. Workshops are delivered by professional artists and accessible to everyone – staff do not need any previous arts experience.
Staff can attend Create+ before they return to work, before they return to full working hours or during work (with their line manager agreement).
Who is Create+ for?
Create+ is for staff who are categorised into one of three groups:
- Those who have been on sick leave (exceeding 12 weeks) due to stress or anxiety related illness.
- Those who have been on sick leave (exceeding 12 weeks) with other illness e.g. broken leg, cancer treatment etc, but who are experiencing high levels of stress/anxiety about returning to work.
- Those currently in work but who are experiencing high levels or stress/ anxiety
- To provide a non-medical referral option for staff to improve wellbeing
- To support staff with stress/anxiety to better self-manage their symptoms
- To help improve quality of life at work, and outside of the hospital
- To alleviate and improve symptoms of stress, isolation, anxiety, depression.
Benefits to staff:
- The Lime Studio will act as a ‘halfway house’ for staff who may be anxious about returning to work, introducing them back to site at a neutral/nonclinical space
- Workshops will have no more than 6 participants, creating a sense of community in the group and connecting staff who are returning to work at a similar time
- Workshops will provide opportunities for staff to meet others with ‘shared experience’ and promote self-care through creative activity and peer support
- Workshops are fun and provide opportunities to express and explore
- Lime will develop knowledge and links within community settings to enable signposting for staff who wish to continue creative practice on completion of the six-week referral programme.
MFT Staff referral: MFT Managers can refer staff or staff can self- refer (with line manager agreement) simply by emailing us at [email protected] A member of our dedicated arts team will then contact the referred member of staff to discuss the programme further, arrange and visit to the Lime Arts Studio, and sign them up.
To find out more about Create+ and see what staff have been creating visit the Lime Arts Portal