Create+ A Creative Wellbeing Offer for MFT staff
1 September 2022 - 31 May 2023
Create+ is an arts project that uses creative activity as a tool to improve self-care and wellbeing for MFT staff who are returning to work after long term sick leave (exceeding 12weeks), and staff who are in work but who need some 'time out' due to high levels of stress/anxiety.
What is Create+?
Create+ is a friendly and informal six week workshop programme, based at our Lime Studio on the Oxford Road Campus. Staff will attend a 2.5hr workshop each week in a small group of no more than 6 people. Workshops are delivered by professional artists and accessible to everyone – staff do not need any previous arts experience.
Staff can attend Create+ before they return to work, before they return to full working hours or during work (with their line manager agreement).
Who is Create+ for?
Create+ is for staff who are categorised into one of three groups:
Those who have been on sick leave (exceeding 12 weeks) due to stress or anxiety related illness.
Those who have been on sick leave (exceeding 12 weeks) with other illness e.g. broken leg, cancer treatment etc, but who are experiencing high levels of stress/anxiety about returning to work.
Those currently in work but who are experiencing high levels or stress/ anxiety
To provide a non-medical referral option for staff to improve wellbeing
To support staff with stress/anxiety to better self-manage their symptoms
To help improve quality of life at work, and outside of the hospital
To alleviate and improve symptoms of stress, isolation, anxiety, depression.
Benefits to staff:
• The Lime Studio will act as a ‘halfway house’ for staff who may be anxious about returning to work, introducing them back to site at a neutral/nonclinical space
• Workshops will have no more than 6 participants, creating a sense of community in the group and connecting staff who are returning to work at a similar time
• Workshops will provide opportunities for staff to meet others with ‘shared experience’ and promote self-care through creative activity and peer support
• Workshops are fun and provide opportunities to express and explore
• Lime will develop knowledge and links within community settings to enable signposting for staff who wish to continue creative practice on completion of the six-week referral programme.
SIMPLY EMAIL [email protected] TO EXPRESS AN INTEREST IN CREATE+ AND A MEMBER OF THE LIME ARTS TEAM WILL CONTACT YOU OR YOUR STAFF MEMBER DIRECTLY TO DISCUSS IN MORE DETAIL