Create+ A Creative Wellbeing Offer for MFT staff
November 7 - December 14
Create+ is a friendly and informal six week workshop programme delivered from our Arts & Wellbeing Centre located at the Manchester Oxford Road Campus. Staff attend a 2.5hr workshop each week in a small group of no more than 6 people. Workshops are delivered by skilled, professional artists and accessible to everyone.
NO PREVIOUS ARTS EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
When do the next blocks start?
Our current 6 week programme is running from 7 November to 14 December 2023 and places are now closed for this. New places will become available for our next block in early 2024. Email us at [email protected] to be placed on a waiting list and receive notification once dates are released.
Who is Create+ for?
Create+ is for staff who are categorised into one of three groups:
a) Those who have been on sick leave due to stress or anxiety related illness.
b) Those who have been on sick leave with other illness e.g. broken leg, cancer treatment etc, but who are experiencing high levels of stress/anxiety about returning to work.
c) Those currently in work who are experiencing high levels of stress/ anxiety and approaching 'burnout.'
Staff can attend Create+ before they return to work and/or during a phased return or during work hours. ALL referrals must be approved by a line manager.
Benefits to staff:
- The Lime Studio will act as a ‘halfway house’ for staff who may be anxious about returning to work, introducing them back to site at a safe, welcoming and nonclinical space.
- Workshops will have no more than 6 participants, creating a sense of community in the group and connecting staff who are returning to work at a similar time.
- Workshops will provide opportunities for staff to meet others with ‘shared experience’ and promote self-care through creative activity and peer support.
- Workshops are fun and provide opportunities to express, explore and learn new skills
- Lime will develop knowledge and links within community settings to enable signposting for staff who wish to continue creative practice on completion of the six-week referral programme.
How to refer staff and book onto Create+ :
To secure your place on the next block of Create+ workshops please email us at [email protected]
THE LIME ARTS TEAM WILL CONTACT YOU OR YOUR STAFF MEMBER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO DISCUSS THE PROGRAMME IN MORE DETAIL AND ALLOCATE YOUR WORKSHOP GROUP.
For more information about Create+ and participant feedback please visit http://www.limeart.org/create